Monday, October 25, 2010

Pond Numero Dos

Ok, it takes a lot of time and effort to blog with any level of consistency. At least a lot of time and effort that I would rather place elsewhere. Well, technically I shouldn't put it like a choice because lately there hasn't been one. Between work, soccer, soccer photos, my networking event, being sick, and the million "honey-do's" on my list I haven't had time for much lately.

Anyway, here we are. While I have a long list of things that need to be blogged, i.e. Harrli's first birthday, you are getting the pond numero dos.

Last year, when I was broke, I convinced my mom to pay me to build my dad a pond. Well long story short - I finally got a significant amount of it done. Here are some photos to document the process.


The hole was actually dug a few months ago on a different trip but I didn't have time to come back up and finish until last weekend.
Me and Hayydn sitting in the pond. Hannah is about to attempt to give me rabbits ears. Notice my Dad's Dalia flowers in the back. I am jealous - I wish I had some of those surrounding my pond. :-(


Another point of view, cuz I know you were begging for it. :-)
Ok, we are laying out the liner. Maybe this is a good place to say that I tried to convince my dad to go bigger but he didn't want to, so, oh well. It is what it is. I would say it is still about 250-300 gallons.
Had to go get some rocks to hold the liner down. But Hayydn and Haddli are representing.
The first stone. Hayydn is holding it in place. I am not sure where the fat baby went in this one?
Oh, there she is - the fat baby. She probably shouldn't be naked cuz it was a little chilly, but what the hay, you are only a fat baby once, right? I am turning the water on by the way.
Ok, so you have to fill it up slow and smooth out the wrinkles.

Well, Grandpa put the camera down so we are flash forwarding to all of the rocks installed - at least around the pond. That was a lot of work, we collected all of the sandstone from the wilderness with our bare hands. By we, I mean my dad and me. I later decided that I am way to old for that kind of work!
I was quite impressed with myself and how level I got the water in the pond. WHATS UUUUPPP!!!! That is experience right there. :-)



You can see the big spill stone in this one. That is where the waterfall will eventually flow into the pond. That rock single-handedly killed both mine and my fathers backs! BUT, we gott'r done!
The ghetto bench that we will some day replace with a custom bench built by Torel. :-)





Dad sitting in the ghetto bench.


So Cute.
My dad decided that while I was here we might as well go out and get another entire truck load of rock?? I think he was high or something. (trust me Dad it is ok, nobody really thinks you were high and they understand it is just a joke). These are some experimentation for the waterfall section.





Well, I hope you enjoyed it. I am going to heal for a month or two and go back and finish it.

3 comments:

Carroll Conversations said...

That is pretty darn cool Torel! So impressed with your a-bilities. =)

Nancy Page said...

I'll say, you have made pond making skills. Looks awesome!

Nancy Page said...

I mean Mad skills :)